Position at A4 Labels.com
A4 Labels trade out of their new unit on the Industrial Estate in Lancing. We are a family business that has been established for 5 years. We are an online retailer selling our sheets of labels and similar products.
The time has come for us to recruit our first full time member of staff. In the early days, this person will assist with picking and packing our orders, but over the course of the following months, will be trained in every aspect of our business.
My name is Colin Hawker, and I am the sole Director and only other full time member of staff at A4 Labels. I am looking for a right hand person who in time I can rely on to run and manage our business. For that reason, we are looking for someone for the long term, not simply for a picker/packer to fill in until something else comes along.
This position would suit young or old. The successful applicant will have the following skills:-
· Obtained grade C or above at GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
· Have a good head for number and be comfortable with mental maths
· Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft office products
· Has a ‘can do’ attitude where every problem simply becomes an interesting challenge
· Has an eye to detail
· Has a great telephone manner
· Will be comfortable working on their own or with others
· Happy to take the majority of their annual leave outside of the school holidays
· Comfortable lifting weights up to 25KG (course will be given)
· Be looking to start working for us in or around April 2014
In addition a good sense of humour, driving license and possibly some foreign language skills would be an advantage.
In return, the successful applicant will be employed on a 3 month probation period with weekly and monthly reviews.
We will offer to pay a basic salary of £7.65 per hour, regardless of age. This is determined to be the ‘living wage’ for the Brighton area.
After a qualifying period, achievable bonuses and a pension will also be offered.
We will offer 20 days paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays (we may request that some of these days are taken between Christmas and New Year, and that no more than 5 other days leave are during any school holiday periods)
We will offer social working hours from 0900 to 1700 Monday to Thursday and finishing around 1630 on Fridays. There is about a 45 minute daily allowance for lunch and breaks meaning a 36 hour week.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to include an up to date CV or a list of recent employment and qualifications and anything else you think may enhance your application.